Dear Incoming Students-Athletes and Parents,
On behalf of the Sports Medicine staff, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Wittenberg University. The following information should help make your transition to Wittenberg Athletics an easy one. To achieve this, we will need your assistance with a variety of matters. Each student-athlete will be REQUIRED to have a completed “First Year Student-Athlete Health Information Packet” on file by July 16th BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE in any team activities. The “First Year Student-Athlete Health Information Packet” is separated into 3 sections:
- This section includes: Demographic information, Insurance Information, Concussion education information, Sports Medicine specific waivers and consent forms.
- Each student-athlete (&/or parent/guardian) should review and provide information in EACH blank for this section.
- This section includes: Medical History Questionnaire & Orthopedic History Questionnaire.
- Each student-athlete (&/or parent/guardian) is expected to disclose any and all information for EACH question.
- Provide detailed descriptive information for each “Yes” response.
- Your physician should review this section as part of the required physical exam.
- This section includes: Physical Exam & Certificate of Immunization.
- Please have your family physician or a qualified medical provider complete the physical exam form.
- If family physician or qualified medical provider uses their own physical exam form:
- Please attach the supplemental form to included physical exam
- Please have family physician or qualified medical provider answer the “yes or no” questions as well as sign included physical exam
- Proof of all immunizations and screenings results is REQUIRED.
- Feel free to provide included form, attach supplemental forms or a combination of both.
Your Wittenberg University Sports Medicine Department Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) will review your “First Year Student-Athlete Health Information Packet” at your teams Wittenberg University Sports Medicine Department Health Screening Clearance Meeting. To assure that you are prepared for your Wittenberg University Sports Medicine Department Health Screening Clearance Meeting, make sure to turn in the required materials as soon as possible. (Please complete these forms with appropriate student-athlete signatures, parent/guardian signatures and dates.) Please note that some materials in the “First Year Student-Athlete Health Information Packet” require your medical provider's signature and a physical examination by that medical provider. The Wittenberg Sports Medicine office WILL NOT provide you with a physical exam from a physician. You must complete a physical exam with a physician BEFORE coming to campus.
Turning in Your Paperwork
1. Send a copy of “First Year Student-Athlete Health Information Packet”, including a copy of your insurance card, BY JULY 16th to:
Sports Medicine/Athletic Training
P.O. Box 720
Springfield, OH 45501
2. Keep a completed copy of the “First Year Student-Athlete Health Information Packet” at home for your records.
Sports Medicine Health Screening Clearance Meeting
The above materials will be reviewed for completion with you by your team Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) at a Wittenberg University Sports Medicine Department Health Screening Clearance Meeting. Your coach will determine the date, time and location of this screening and provide the details directly to you. To assure that the screening runs smoothly, please make sure to complete and return the required materials as soon as possible, paying special attention to required signatures and dates.
Congratulations on becoming a Tiger. We are eager to help you start your collegiate athletic career.
Wittenberg University Sports Medicine Athletic Training Staff
Ellen Crosbie, Head Certified Athletic Trainer
Molly Hopkins, Assistant Certified Athletic Trainer
Greg Schneider, Assistant Certified Athletic Trainer
Nathan Ervin, Assistant Certified Athletic Trainer