Springfield, Ohio – The Tiger men's and women's cross country team hosted the Wittenberg Invitational at Snyder Park on Saturday morning. Both the men's and women's teams took third place on their home course, just behind regional foes Earlham and Denison. The Tigers would not be slowed down for long on their home course, as sophomore Alexis Gray and junior Charles Rodeheffer would claim first-place individual finishes overall for the second year in a row. Rodeheffer blew his previous winning time out of the water, crossing the line in a time of 16:14.3 compared to his winning time of 16:39.6 at the 2016 Wittenberg Invitational.
MEN'S TOP 5
- A sprint down the final stretch sealed the individual win for Rodeheffer in a final time of 16:14.3, just .2 seconds ahead of his second-place counterpart.
- Senior Jersson Pachar was the next Tiger through the gate, crossing the line in a time of 17:32.6 for a 12th place finish.
- Following close behind for a strong 13th place finish in his first collegiate race, Miles Caine finished in a time of 17:35.1.
- Evan Schreiber finished not far behind in 18th with a time of 17:53.1.
- Brad Arledge wrapped up his race with a time of 18:15.4 in 23rd.
- Both programs return to action on September 9 at the Ohio Wesleyan Invitational in Delaware, Ohio.