Statement of Purpose
Wittenberg University Sports Medicine Center, a unit of the
Department of Athletics, has as its primary mission the provision
of modern medical care to Wittenberg University's intercollegiate
Wittenberg University Sports Medicine Center accomplishes its
- Providing and coordinating medical care of athletic injuries
- Fostering research to develop new knowledge
- Critiquing and transmitting the body of knowledge that affects
athletic medical care
- Providing leadership in athletic health care
- Maintaining a commitment to excellence in the program
For information about Excel Sports Medicine, which is affiliated
with Wittenberg alum and Tiger team orthopedic physician Dr.
Timothy Kremcheck, click here.
Health Assessment Forms
Freshman & Transfer Student-Athletes
Download/print Freshman/Transfer Health
Incoming freshman student-athletes and/or student-athletes
transferring to Wittenberg University, please print the following
document and follow the directions below to complete your required
Wittenberg University Sports Medicine department paperwork.
- Accurately fill out pages 2-16 of the “Freshman or
Transfer Annual Health Assessment” (linked above).
- Verify that you have completed and turned in the Wittenberg
university student health and counseling paperwork that you should
have received in the mail. This paperwork requires you to
receive a physical exam from a physician. The Wittenberg
University Sports Medicine department will NOT provide you with a
physical exam from a physician. You must come to campus with
a recent physical exam completed by your physician and the
completed student health paperwork before you are allowed to
participate in Wittenberg University athletics. If you feel
you have not received the Wittenberg University student health and
counseling paperwork, please contact the Wittenberg University
Health and Counseling Center at (937)-327-7811.
- The Wittenberg University Sports Medicine department will need
to keep your health insurance information on file. Please
make sure you have access to your health insurance
information/insurance card before coming to campus.
- Bring the entire “Freshman or Transfer Annual Health
Assessment” document (linked above) and your health insurance
card with you on your assigned on-campus health screening
day. Your coach will inform you of this date prior to you
coming to campus.
Download/print Returning Student Health
Returning student-athletes, follow these directions to prepare
the required paperwork for your annual health screening.
- Print the “Returner Annual Health Assessment”
document (linked above).
- Accurately fill out pages 2-12.
- Bring the entire packet and a copy of the front and back of
your insurance card with you on your assigned health screening day
so that your athletic trainer can complete the rest of the
“Returner Annual Health Assessment”. Your coach
should inform you of the date of your health screening day.