Powell, Ohio – The Wittenberg cross country team hit the course at the Ohio Wesleyan Invitational on Saturday morning from Liberty Park. This was the first time the Tigers have raced at the Ohio Wesleyan hosted event since 2014. Getting an inside look at the location of this year's regional race, the Wittenberg women's team finished in 16th place of 18 teams with an average time of 26:36 on the 6k course. Paige Narciso set the pace for the women's team coming in at a time of 25:26.4 finishing in 111th place amongst the field of 237 runners.
WOMEN'S TOP 5
- MacKenzie Freeman was the next Wittenberg finisher, crossing the line in a time of 25:35.8.
- Freshman Cymone Horton completed her first collegiate 6k in a time of 26:46.6.
- Kyla McGee was next to stop the clock in a time of 27:29.7.
- Brooke Moore was hot on the trail of McGee, closing in for a final time of 27:37.
- Ellie Teague rounded out the Tigers top finishers with a final time of 27:53.6
- Both programs return to action on Saturday, September 16 from the Otterbein Invitational in Westerville, Ohio.