Springfield, Ohio – The Tiger men's and women's cross country team hosted the Wittenberg Invitational at Snyder Park on Saturday morning. Both the men's and women's teams took third place on their home course, just behind regional foes Earlham and Denison. The Tigers would not be slowed down for long on their home course, as sophomore Alexis Gray and junior Charles Rodeheffer would claim first-place individual finishes overall for the second year in a row. Gray, who posted a stellar time of 19:42.7 in her win a year ago, crossed the finish line at a time of 20:17.5 in her first-place finish on Saturday.
WOMEN'S TOP 5
- Gray set the mark for the women's team, crossing the line in a time of 20:17.5, and a first place finish.
- Erika Bournival was the next Tiger to stop the clock, finishing in eighth place coming in at 20:42.0 in her first collegiate race.
- Senior MacKenzie Freeman followed close behind with a tenth-place finish for Wittenberg, stopping the clock in a time of 20:58.3
- Paige Narciso rounded out the Tigers in the Top 15 with a 12th place finish in a time of 21:21.0
- Freshman Cymone Horton closed out the Top 20, stopping the clock at 22:21.9 for a 18th place finish.
- Both programs return to action on September 9 at the Ohio Wesleyan Invitational in Delaware, Ohio.