SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—Wittenberg women's volleyball returned to action quickly after opening up NCAC play on Saturday with a victory over Hiram. Sunday held another NCAC match for the Tigers, this time against the Gators of Allegheny. The Gators came into Springfield on their trip back from Greencastle, where they dropped a match to DePauw the day before. Wittenberg only needed three sets to take care of the visiting Gators, as the Tigers took care of business; 25-14, 25-18, and 25-12. Wittenberg improves to 8-3 overall in 2016 with the victory, as well as 2-0 in NCAC play.
- The Tigers were led by Jenny Lehman and Aubrey Cox on the attack, as the senior-freshman combo recorded seven kills apiece for the Tigers.
- Madison Manger and Taylor Brown combined for 33 digs in the three-set match, as the sophomore combo came up big for the second straight match.
- Megan Flaherty and Karen Wildemann assisted on well more than half of Wittenberg's 51 points, as both sophomore's collected 17 assists.
- Wittenberg slugged .277 as a team on the afternoon, while holding Allegheny to a .050 percentage.
- The Tigers second set proved to be the most productive, as the team recorded a kill percentage of .341, while amassing 18 kills.
- Wittenberg continues their NCAC slate of games with a matchup against Denison on September 29.
- Match time is set for 7:00PM in Granville.