Alliance, Ohio - Wittenberg track and field opened up their indoor season with a strong start at the Mt. Union Toy Drive Invite. Wittenberg had one individual first-place finish on the afternoon, coming from freshman Marteana Newton in the 400M dash crossing the line in a time of 1:01.23.
TOP WOMEN'S RESULTS
- Ryelee Clary earned a third-place 60H finish, crossing the line in a time of 9.82.
- Finishing back-to-back-to-back third to fifth place in the 800m run was Anna Lebold, Staci Harmon, and Madison Nadler.
- Samantha Mitchell collected two fifth-place finishes, starting with an 8.24 60m dash final. Mitchell would cross the line in a time of 27.20 in the 200m dash.
- The jumpers added three top finishes to the day for the Tigers, Nia Gilbert went 8.98m in the triple jump, as Alexis Johnson posted a long jump distance of 4.9m. Taylor Barnhisel earned sixth-place in the high jump, clearing a height of 1.45m.
- Senior Anissa Dann collected fifth place in the weight throw with a long toss of 13.31.
UP NEXT: Wittenberg will return to action in the New Year, traveling to the Otterbein Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 13.