Feb 04, 2017
ADA, Ohio—Both Wittenberg track and field programs competed in the annual Joe Banks Invitational at ONU Sports Center Fieldhouse on Saturday. The men finished 8th and the girls finished 11th in the 15 team field.
WOMEN'S TOP 6'S
- Tyra Barnes paced the Tigers with a third place finish in the 400 meter-dash at 1:00.74
- Olivia Stevens also recorded a third place finish for the Tigers, this time in the 60 meter-hurdles at 9.7 seconds.
- Rounding out the Tigers day was Katelyn McCohn who ran a 400 meter-dash of 1:02.60, good enough for fifth place.
MEN'S TOP 6'S
- On the men's side, the Tigers were lead by Jardyan Mitchem who took home second place in the pole vault after clearing 4.11 meters in the finals.
- Charles Rodeheffer also scored second place points for the Tigers, as the sophomore came up big in the 5000 meter run at 15:55.49.
- Marcus O'Neal took home third place honors in the 60 meter-hurdles for the Tigers, finishing the finals heat at 8.57 seconds.
- Also scoring in the 5000 meters was Jon Osman, who finished in fifth place at 16:37.01.
- In the 60 meter-dash, Matt Entsminger finished in 6th place for Wittenberg at 7.27 seconds.
- Cody Shutt also secured a sixth place finish in the 400 meter-dash at 51.09 seconds.
- Also scoring in the 60 meter hurdles was Tyler Gittins, who finished in sixth place at 8.94 seconds.
- Rounding out the Tigers day was the distance medley team of Kenneth Mayes, Alex Sheppard, Charles Samuel and Jerrson Pachar, who claimed sixth place at 11:05.54.
- Both programs return to action at the Otterbein All-Ohio meet on Saturday, February 11.