DELEWARE, Ohio-- Both Tiger track and field programs showed well at the All-Ohio meet this past Saturday, hosted by Ohio Wesleyan University. At the end of the day, the women's program took home eighth place in the 18 team field, while the men's side took home ninth in their 18 team field. Wittenberg's meet was highlighted by Brea Medlock's huge day (Galena, Ohio/Big Walnut) as the senior broke the school record in the 400-meter dash, and also was a part of the All-Ohio meet record in the 4x400-meter relay team.
WOMEN'S TOP 6'S
- Medlock's Wittenberg record breaking time in the 400-meter dash was 56.21 seconds, good enough for first place in the finals.
- The 4x400 meter-relay team of Alaina Longshore (Columbus, Ohio/Franklin Heights), Jordan Crow (North Las Vegas, Nevada/Palo Verde), Samantha Mitchell (Solon, Ohio/Solon) and Medlock not only took home first place, but set an All-Ohio meet record at 3:56.34 seconds.
- Capping off her huge meet, Medlock finished second in the 200 meter-dash, at 25.27 seconds.
- Also taking home a third place finish was the 4x100 meter relay team of Mitchell, Tiarra Avant (Delware, Ohio/Hayes) Longshore and Medlock at 48.46 seconds.
- Becah Delp (York, Pennesylvania/Eastern York) came up big for the Tigers in the triple-jump, coming in third place with a distance of 11.10 meters.
- Crow also added to her big day with a fourth place finish in the 400 meter-hurdles, as the senior recorded a finals time heat of 1:04.88.
- Delp rounded out the Tigers day with a fifth place finish in the high jump, after clearing 1.57 meters in the finals.
MEN'S TOP 6's
- Laike Wallace turned in a great day of work for the Tigers, starting off by taking home a first place finish in the 400-meter hurdles at 53.62 seconds. Wallace continued to impress by coming in fourth place in the 110-meter hurdles at 15.23 seconds.
- Wallace's day was not done there, as the senior was also a part of the 4x400-meter realy team that came in sixth place at 3:22.57, made up of Ryan Hale (Centerville, Ohio/Centerville) Matt Entsminger (Bellefontaine, Ohio/Bellefontaine), and Kyle Farnbauch (Hilliard, Ohio/Davidson).
- Jon Osman (Troy, Ohio/Troy) scored in the 10,000 meter run for the Tigers, coming in third place with a time of 33:31.94 seconds.
- Also scoring in the 10,000-meter run for the Tigers was Charles Rodeheffer (Deleware, Ohio/Olentangy), as the freshman came in fifth place at 34:20.46
- Rounding out the Tigers day was Aaron Melsop (Westerville, Ohio/DeSales) who came in fifth place in the long jump at 6.54 meters.
- Both Tiger programs return to action April 22 at the Wilmington Night Invitational.
Written By: Kuris Duggan