Springfield, Ohio – It was an electric finish from Edwards-Maurer Field for the Tigers of Wittenberg women's soccer team as they hosted the Crusaders of Capital University on Wednesday night. Wittenberg found themselves in a 1-0 hole about halfway through the first half. Though the Tigers found the equalizer with just under three minutes remaining in regulation. Wittenberg kept the pressure on the Capital defense when Julia Smith was able to find the back of the net on the Jordan Wright assist. The Crusaders put the first goal on the board in the 27th minute of the first half, holding onto the lead through the intermission.
- Megan Davis peppered the Capital keeper with shots, placing three of four on frame.
- Leah Soutar placed both of her shots on target against the Crusaders goalie.
- Through 110 minutes of action the Tigers led the shot total 18-8.
- Hannah Wilson was left to make just four saves on the evening, with no shots coming her way in the added time.
- Wittenberg will return to action on Saturday, September 23 when they travel to Gambier, Ohio to open up NCAC action against Kenyon at 1:00 PM.