ADA, Ohio—Wittenberg women's soccer took a break from NCAC play after opening up against Kenyon College this past Saturday. The Tigers traveled north to take on the #18 Polar Bears of Ohio Northern, as the two teams battled in a non-conference affair. The Tigers took an early 1-0 lead in the match before the home team was able to knot things up at 1-1 later in the match. In the 80th minute of action on a fall-like Tuesday night, the Tigers broke the tie as Leah Soutar dished out a beautiful throw in to Kenzie Mason who took care of the rest, putting the team up 2-1 on the road. At the final horn the Tigers led 2-1, and escaped the road match with a hard-fought victory over the #18 team in the country. Wittenberg improves to 4-3-2 in 2016 while ONU falls to 6-2-0 on the season.
- Emily Thomas picked up her second assist of the season on Morgan Jones' second goal of the season, as the Tigers took a 1-0 lead in the 22nd minute of Tuesday night's match.
- ONU evened the score at 1-1 in the 68th minute on an unassisted goal.
- Soutar and Mason came up big for the Tigers late in crunch time, as their goal was enough to take down the #18 team in the nation.
- Soutar's second assist of the year proved to be a big one on Mason's game winner.
- Hannah Wilson was a brick wall for the Tigers on Tuesday, as the goalie faced 14 shots on goal, producing 13 saves.
- Despite the victory. Wittenberg was out-shot 23-10 in the match.
- Mason paced the Tigers with two shot on goal in the non-conference match.
- Wittenberg returns to NCAC play on Saturday, October 1, as the team treks to Meadville, Pennsylvania to take on the Gators of Allegheny at 1:00 PM.