Mar 18, 2017
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Wittenberg exploded for 18 first half goals, while holding Thomas More scoreless in the second half to win 20-3 on Saturday.
- Becca Joseph reached the ten point plateau for the second time in 2017, while Mary Furlong recorded the win in net, making three saves.
SITE: Springfield, Ohio (Wittenberg University)
SCORE: Wittenberg 20, Thomas More 3
RECORDS: Wittenberg (5-2), Thomas More (0-3)
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, March 22—vs. Capital (Springfield, Ohio) 7:00PM
- Wittenberg took a quick 7-2 lead in the first nine minutes of the game, as Emily Wadds, Joseph, Gabrielle Zysik and Breanna Donnelly all recorded early goals for the Tigers.
- Joseph recorded all five of her goals in the first half, as the senior picked up her 10th point on an assist in the second half.
- Leading 18-3 at the end of one period, Wittenberg stalled for most of the second half as Shannon Brown and Wadds scored the only two Tiger goals in the final 30 minutes.
- Brown's two goals were here first two as a Tigers, as the dual sport athlete at Wittenberg showed well on Saturday.
- Seven different Tigers found the back of the net against Thomas More, as Joseph and Wadds combined for nine goals and six assists.
- The Tigers outshot Thomas More 36-6 on the day, as Faith Meads and Joseph each recorded six shots.
- As a team, Wittenberg picked up 21 ground balls, as Joseph led the Tigers with five.