SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—Wittenberg women's basketball struggled to keep up on the glass against Mount Union in the championship game of the Charles B. Zimmerman Memorial Classic on Friday. Wittenberg was outrebounded 53-29 in the game, surrendering 19 offensive rebounds to the Purple Raiders. The Tigers fell 70-37 to Mount Union, as the team only managed to connect on 10 field goal attempts. Wittenberg's Alex Kiess was named all-tournament team upon the completion of the tournament, as the sophomore guard paced the Tigers with 12 points on Friday.
- Wittenberg shot 22% from the floor on Friday, while turning the ball over 19 times in the contest.
- Hannah Weaver shined for the Tigers off the bench, netting ten points, three rebounds and three steals in the tournament championship.
- As a team, the Tigers only connected on one three-point attempt, while Mount Union knocked in ten.
ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM
- Brescia- Kelsey Kirkpatrick
- Mount Saint Joseph- Lainee Studer
- Wittenberg- Alex Kiess
- Mount Union- Erin White
- Mount Union- Abby Bartoszewicz (MVP)