SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—Wittenberg women's basketball played the Denison of Big Red close on Saturday at Pam Evans Smith Arena, but the Tigers came up one possession short against the team from Granville, falling 43-41. The Tigers had a chance to tie or win at the end of regulation, but were unable to get a shot off with one second remaining, as the Tigers could not complete the tall order of downing a tough Denison team. The loss sends the Tigers to 1-4 in league play, and 3-7 overall.
- Early on, Wittenberg trailed Denison, but in the second and third quarter, it was all Tigers as a Sydney Mayle layup sent the Tigers into the fourth quarter of the contest with a 34-30 lead.
- The Tigers and Big Red would not be tied up again until just under three minutes in the contest, at 39-39.
- Trailing 41-39, Haley Dannemiller got open after a Bobbie Clayton steal, knotting things up at 41-41 after a made layup with 11 seconds remaining in regulation.
- Denison would hit two free throws with one second remaining, as the Tigers could not get a shot of on the ensuing possession, falling 43-41.
- Wittenberg was led by Alexis Perry, who poured in nine points, while tallying seven steals and seven rebounds as well.
- Wittenberg edged out the Big Red on the glass, 42-35, but managed to turn the ball of 21 times and only connect on 22% of their free-throw attempts in the game.
- The Tigers bench came up big in the game, totaling 14 points as Amanda Raber led the bench with seven.
- Wittenberg returns to action on December 20 against Earlham College at 2:00PM in Richmond, Indiana.