SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—Wittenberg women's basketball dropped their opening NCAC conference game to the Ladies of Kenyon on Wednesday night. The Tigers came into action off of a successful holiday tournament at Thomas More, where the young team battled early adversity to bring home a clutch last-second victory over Maryville. The Tigers returned to their home floor to a 64-36 loss to Kenyon, as the home team could not find their flow offensively. The Tigers and Ladies were tied at 8-8 early on, but Kenyon utilized slick passing and sharp-shooting to hand the Tigers a conference loss.
- The Tigers shot a season low 21% from the floor on Wednesday, as Kenyon nearly shot 40% from the field in the loss.
- Despite the lopsided outcome, Wittenberg held their own on the glass, as the Ladies edged out Wittenberg 39-38 on the boards.
- Haley Dannemiller pulled down 10 boards for Wittenberg, as Sydney Mayle secured six.
- The Tigers leading scorer Wednesday night was Alex Kiess, as the guard netted 11 points as well as recording six rebounds on the night.
- On the night, Wittenberg turned the ball over 18 times, as Kenyon was only forced into three turnovers.
- Wittenberg returns to action on December 2 against Allegheny at 7:00PM.