GAMBIER, Ohio—#23 Wittenberg continued to roll through the NCAC at ease over the weekend, as Wittenberg traveled to Kenyon College on Saturday. The Tigers recorded two shutouts against the Ladies, and recorded eight runs in each run-ruled shortened contest, as the Tigers took two from Kenyon.
GAME ONE SCORING BREAKDOWN
- The Tigers played long-ball early on, as Abby Curnutte and Chelsea Zang each homered in the first frame, giving the Tigers an early 3-0 lead.
- Wittenberg capitalized with another long-ball, as Casey Hobbs recorded a grand slam, giving the Tigers a 7-0 lead in the second inning.
- Lauren Buelow scored the eighth and final run of game one for Wittenberg, scoring on an error by the Ladies' catcher In the top of the third.
GAME TWO SCORING BREAKDOWN
- Wittenberg put themselves on the board early, as starting pitcher Chelsea Zang helped her own cause with a three-run home run, scoring Abby Curnutte and Casey Hobbs.
- With the bases loaded, Curnutte was patient enough to draw a walk, plating Lauren Buelow on the free-pass.
- Following up the freebie was Zang, who laced a single to center-field, as Hobbs and Olivia Hopkins crossed the plate
- Leading 6-0, Cassidy Rowe laced a shot at Kenyon's shortstop, drawing and error on the play that allowed Abby Haab to score.
- Katy Baumgartner followed up the Tiger's seventh run of the game with an RBI single that scored Rowe, as Wittenberg led 8-0.
- On the mound, Zang scattered four hits while striking out three in game one, as the junior moved to 14-1 in 2017.
- Haab continued to roll for Wittenberg in the circle as well, scattering one hit in three innings of work in game two to earn the win, as the junior improved to 8-3 on the year.
- Wittenberg didn't back down at the plate on Saturday, as 10 of their 16 runs came via the home-run.