Otterbein, Ohio – The Wittenberg University cross country teams took part in the Otterbein Invitational on Saturday morning. The Tigers finished the day in eighth place, amongst stiff competition like Oberlin, Kenyon, Otterbein and Ohio Wesleyan. Just a week away from the All-Ohio Invitational, Wittenberg battled illness and exam schedules while allowing new runners to experience their first collegiate race.
- Jersson Pachar was the top finisher for the Tigers, coming in at a time of 29:08.3.
- Coming in at 30:03 for a 45th place finish was Miles Caine.
- Evan Schreiber came in at a time of 30:47 for a 59th place finish.
- Arek Barkaszi crossed the line in a time of 31:29 for a 73rd place finish.
- Sutton Jacobs rounded out the Wittenberg finishers, coming in at a time of 33:41.8.
OFF THE PATH
- "We continue to learn and grow, it is a journey with hills and valleys, we need to get tougher, but it is a process. We are showing improvement, it's a slow process" Head Coach Craig Penney.