CHICAGO, Illinois—Wittenberg men's volleyball managed to get back on the right track against Illinois Tech after a loss to #7 Carthage the night before. Wittenberg controlled the pace in a three set victory; 25-9, 25-22, and 25-18. The non-conference win puts the Tigers at 9-12 overall in 2017, with key MCVL matches on the horizon in the upcoming weeks.
- Justin Luby recorded a season high 10 kills for the Tigers, as the sophomore saw action in all three sets for Wittenberg.
- The Tigers first set was as dominant as the team has been all year long, slugging a .231 kill-percentage, while holding Illinois Tech to nine points.
- Carter Schmidt recorded 11 digs to lead the Tigers on defense, while Ashton Sellers paced the Tigers up front with three total blocks.
- Schmidt also recorded three service aces for the Tigers, while Ross Russell and Noah Wissel led the offense with a combined 28 assists.
FROM THE COACH
- "It's was great to see us bounce back and play a solid 3 sets of volleyball. Credit to Carter Schmidt and Ashton Sellers who both served very well all day," said Coach Labrador.