Mar 14, 2017
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—Wittenberg men's volleyball won the battle of Ohio in the MCVL on Tuesday night, as the Tigers dropped the talented MSJ Cougars 3-2 at Pam Evans Smith Arena. Teddy Hesterman impressed on defense for the Tigers, racking up an astonishing 27 digs in the contest. At the end of the night, Wittenberg dropped MSJ to the tune of; 23-25, 25-22, 20-25 an 15-11.
- Wittenberg's five set thriller was highlighted by a 20 kill performance from Dylan Kolovitz.
- Kolovitz was fed 52 times on the attack, as Ross Russell and Noah Wissel totaled 32 and 19 assists each.
- Southpaw Joel Sotos chipped in 11 kills for Wittenberg in the five set thriller.
- In the decisive fifth set, Wittenberg led 8-7 before pulling away to a 13-8 lead.
- The Tiger would reach match point at 14-10 after a Kolovitz kill from Russell.
FROM THE BENCH
- "We saw quite a few players step-up tonight. Some key subs contributed at critical junctures in the match. We excellent depth on this team and I have confidence in everyone's ability to make a play when it matters. Credit to MSJ and their staff for an excellent game plan that forced us out of our comfort zone the entire evening," said Coach Labrador.