NEW CONCORD, Ohio—Wittenberg track and field opened up the outdoor portion of their season at Muskingum on Saturday. The Tigers dual meets featured both programs showing well, as the Tigers saw multiple first place finishes on both sides.
WOMEN'S TOP 6'S
- Freshman Tyra Barnes paced the Tigers in the 400 meter-dash, claiming first place with a finals time of 1:00.24.
- Olivia Stevens also earned a first place finish for Wittenberg, doing so in the 400 meter-hurdles at 1:11.74.
- Anissa Dann rounded out the trio of first place finishes on the women's side, heaving a 43.08 meter throw in the finals.
- Frankie Bowsher came in second place on Saturday in the javelin throw, as the senior recorded a throw of 32.04 meters in the finals.
- Tiarra Avant also earned a second place finish, running a finals heat of 28.40 seconds in the 200 meter-dash finals.
- Rounding out the Tiger's day was Ashley Highfield, who came in sixth place in the discus throw with a toss of 22.70 meters.
MEN'S TOP 6'S
- Tyler Gittins earned a pair of first place finishes for Wittenberg, first in the 400 meter hurdles at 57.05 seconds, and then in the 110 meter-hurdles at 16.45 seconds.
- Kyle Farnbauch also placed in the 100 meter-hurdles, finishing in second place with a time of 16.46 seconds.
- Alexander Sheppard showed well in the 400 meter dash, coming in second place at 52.43 seconds.
- In the hammer throw, D'Anthony Dorsey finished in second place with a finals throw of 43.54 meters.
- Farnbauch also scored for Wittenberg in the 400 meter hurdles, coming in third place at 1:00.10.
- David Campbell came in third place for Wittenberg in the high jump, clearing 1.83 meters in the finals.
- Rounding out the Tiger's showing in the 110 meter-hurdles was Marcus O'Neal, who came in fourth place at 17.51 seconds.
- Dorsey also placed for the Tigers in the shot put, finishing in fifth at 12.72 meters.
- O'Neal also claimed a fifth place finish in the 400 meter-hurdles at 1:02.18.
- In the 400 meter-dash, Matt Entsminger finished in fifth place with a finals heat of 53.67 meters.
- Brandon Johnson rounded out the Tigers day at Muskingum with a sixth place finish in the 100 meter-dash at 11.98 seconds.