Apr 21, 2018
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Trailing 5-1 midway through the first quarter, Wittenberg came roaring back to tie the Spartans 5-5 at the beginning of the second quarter.
- Wittenberg was then held to one goal in the second quarter, as Aurora came out on top 13-7.
- Lucas Klever paced the Tigers with three goals, while Colin Cahill made 18 saves in net in 60 minutes of play.
SITE: Crawfordsville, Indiana (Wabash College)
SCORE: Aurora 13, Wittenberg 7
RECORDS: WIT 6-9 (4-4), AU 15-1
- Wittenberg trailed 5-1 early in the first quarter before Noah Moderwell, Cam Kennedy, and Jack Maloney all netted unassisted goals to cut the Spartan lead to 5-4.
- Wittenberg would knot the game up in the second quarter at 5-5 after another Moderwell goal, and again at 6-6 with a Klever goal, before Aurora took a 7-6 lead into halftime.
- Aurora put on a show defensively in the second half, as the Spartans netted six goals to Wittenberg's one.
- Klever recorded the Tiger's lone goal in the half, an unassisted snipe with 7:37 remaining in the third quarter.
- Wittenberg turned the ball over 24 times in the season finale, and went six of 23 at the center dot.
- The Tigers managed to produce 37 shots as a unit, with Klever producing eight of those attempts.
- Michael Carluccio and Maloney each recorded an assist for Wittenberg, as Klever and Moderwell combined for five of the seven Tiger goals.