Mar 09, 2018
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Wittenberg trailed 8-0 after the first quarter of action, and 13-1 at halftime.
- The Tigers scored seven goals in the third quarter to cut the lead to 17-7, and one goal in the fourth to eventually fall 21-8.
- Jack Strahm, Noah Moderwell and Michael Coyle scored two goals each, while Jerry Coyle and Anthony LeBarge III netted the Tiger's seventh and eighth goals.
SITE: Colorado Springs, Colorado (Colorado College)
SCORE: Colorado College 21, Wittenberg 8
RECORDS: WIT 1-4 (0-0), CC 4-1 (0-0)
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, March 14—vs Capital (Columbus, OH, 7:00 PM)
- After being held scoreless in the first 15 minutes of play, Wittenberg got on the board and 12:55 remaining in the second after a Coyle shot found the back of the net from Andrew Ellis with a man-up.
- That would serve as the Tiger's lone goal of the half, as Colorado took a 13-1 lead into the halftime.
- Wittenberg turned it on in the third quarter, as Strahm and Moderwell scored goals within 25 seconds of one another to cut into Colorado's lead.
- The third quarter saw six Tiger goals, as Wittenberg trailed 17-7 headed into the final quarter of play.
- The fourth featured four unanswered CC goals before Jerry Coyle scored on an unassisted shot with 3:55 remaining.
- Both teams combined for 55 turnovers in the game, as Wittenberg accounted for 31 of those miscues.
- Colorado College went a perfect 25 for 25 in clear attempts and outshot the Tigers 56-39 in the game.
- LeBarge paced the Tigers with seven groundballs, as Wittenberg was edged out by CC 34-24 as a team in that category.