SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—The Intercollegiate Men's Lacrosse Coaches Association announced the NCAA Division III All Region Teams over the weekend. Wittenberg landed two on West Region's First Team; David Strahm and Aaron Blossey. Both seniors were also honored by the NCAC as first team all-NCAC selections.
Wittenberg finished the 2017 campaign with a 9-7 overall mark, and a 6-2 NCAC record after bowing out in the NCAC Tournament semifinals to #19 Ohio Wesleyan University, 9-7.
Aaron Blossey, 1st Team All-NCAC, 1st team All-West Region, Goalie, Senior, Rocky River, OH/Rocky River
- Blossey ends his Wittenberg career with over 200 saves in net for the Tigers, while averaging 10.62 goals allowed per contest.
- The senior recorded 106 saves between the pipes for Wittenberg in 2017, featuring a save-percentage of .564.
- Blossey was also named to the 2017 All-Tournament Team upon the conclusion of the NCAC Tournament.
- An accounting major, Blossey was a Chi Alpha Sigma Inductee in 2016, and is an active member of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.
David Strahm, 1st Team All-NCAC, 1st team All-West Region Long-Stick Midfield, Senior, Upper Arlington, OH/Upper Arlington
- Strahm recorded six goals for the Tigers in 2017, while picking up 54 ground-balls and 29 total caused turnovers.
- In his career, Strahm has compiled 134 ground balls, 63 caused turnovers, 11 goals and five assists.
- Strahm is an active member of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity, and plans on pursuing a graduate degree upon graduation.