Apr 12, 2017
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Wittenberg held the Tigers of DePauw to a season-low five goals, as the visitors scored two in the first, one in the second, two in the third, and none in the fourth quarter.
- Wittenberg exploded for 20 goals in the rout, as Zach Shy paced the Tigers with four goals.
- 16 of the Tiger's 20 goals were off of assists, as Shy paced the Tigers with five.
SCORE: Wittenberg 20, DePauw 5
SITE: Springfield, Ohio (Wittenberg University)
RECORDS: Wittenberg 7-5 (4-2), DePauw 6-5 (1-4)
UP NEXT: Saturday, April 15—vs Wooster (Wooster, Ohio) 1:00PM
- After falling down 2-1 early in the first quarter, Wittenberg rattled off eight unanswered goals, as Gerald Coyle and Austin Brady scored the final two to take a 9-2 lead.
- Wittenberg then went on a stretch that saw five unanswered goals, as Jack Strahm and Noah Moderwell capped off the run, as Wittenberg then led 14-3.
- Wittenberg scored four times in the fourth quarter, as Shy and Creighton Stephens capped off the quarter, as Wittenberg won 20-5.
- The Tigers scooped up 41 ground balls on Tuesday, while Anthony LeBarge III paced the red and white with nine.
- Aaron Blossey recorded the win in net for Wittenberg, moving to 4-1 on the season, as the goalkeeper recorded six saves in 45 minutes of NCAC action.