Mar 18, 2017
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Wittenberg opened up NCAC play with a 20-6 drubbing of the Terriers of Hiram.
- Picked to finish fourth in the NCAC, Wittenberg was relentless on offense on Saturday, as Thomas Julcher and Michael Carluccio each netted three goals to lead the Tigers.
- Nick Gregory improved to 2-1 on the year in net, as the senior recorded two saves in 30 minutes of work on the road.
SITE: Hiram, Ohio (Hiram College)
SCORE: Wittenberg 20, Hiram 6
RECORDS: Witt 3-3 (1-0), HC 2-2 (0-1)
NEXT GAME: Monday, March 20—vs. Capital University (Springfield, Ohio)
- Wittenberg exploded for 11 first half goals, as Hiram produced three.
- Creighton Stephens scored unassisted, and Gerald Coyle scored from Michael Coyle to close out the second quarter at 11-3 for Wittenberg.
- Michael Carluccio and Thomas Julcher netted the only two goals in the third period for Wittenberg, as the red and white took a 13-4 lead into the final quarter on the road.
- Dane Jensen scored two quick goals for Wittenberg in the final quarter, followed by a Quinn McConkey goal, as Wittenberg disposed of Hiram 20-6.
- Wittenberg produced 45 shots in the game, as Hiram managed to only get 27 shots off.
- The Tigers won 21 of 29 face-offs on the day, as McConkey went 9-15 at the center dot.
- Zach Shy and Coyle each produced two assists for Wittenberg, as the Tigers recorded 11 of their goals off of assists.
- Cooper Swenson logged the final 30 minutes in net for the Tigers, recording eight saves on 11 total shots.