Greencastle, Ind. – The Wittenberg field hockey team wrapped up another successful weekend, taking down the Tigers of DePauw University 3-0 from the road. Maddie Goelz got the scoring started for Wittenberg before the end of the first half, sneaking her first shot through the DePauw keeper's legs. Maintaining the 1-0 lead through the second half, senior Audrey Coler would find the back of the DePauw goal in the 58th minute for her ninth goal of the season to put Wittenberg ahead 2-0. After tallying her first goal of the season, Goelz found the back of the net one last time at the 65:30 mark to finalize the 3-0 Wittenberg win. This win over the Tigers of DePauw would be the first for Coach Kelley Hubbell in her tenure at Wittenberg, as Witt extends their most recent winning streak out to four games.
- Megan Niswonger was credited with the only assist of the game, sending the feed through to Goelz for her first goal of the game and season.
- Coler led the Wittenberg offense, taking four shots with all being placed on target.
- Goelz had the efficiency for the Wittenberg offense, scoring on both of her open looks.
- Allie Purvis locked down the Wittenberg goal making five saves for her third shutout of the season.
- Wittenberg was able to force three cards against the DePauw opposition, including two in the second half.
FROM THE FIELD
- "It was great to see our team rise above adversities in today's game. We played our game and the results reflected how hard we worked together. Can't wait to see our team carry this into our upcoming games," Maddie Goelz said.
- Wittenberg will return to action on Saturday, October 14 when they begin a four-game road trip, starting at Wooster at 12:00 PM.