Springfield, Ohio – Make that back-to-back shutout wins for the Wittenberg field hockey team, as they cruised to a 4-0 win over Oberlin to wrap up the Homecoming festivities from Edwards-Maurer Field on Sunday afternoon. The Tigers wasted no time getting their offense started, as Riley Trexler started the scoring just two minutes in the game. Wittenberg would keep the pressure strong through the seventy-minute match, allowing the Yeowomen to just get one shot off. The Tigers would take a 3-0 lead into the break, taking double-digit shots at the Oberlin goal through both halves.
- Channa Visseren found the back of the net five minutes after the Trexler goal, to give Wittenberg a 2-0 lead.
- Wittenberg found the back once more before the intermission, as Megan Niswonger found Veronica Carrow on the feed for her second goal of the season.
- Audrey Coler scored her third goal in two games and sixth of the season, putting back the deflected shot in the second half for the final Wittenberg goal of the game.
- Wittenberg collected 25 shots on the afternoon compared to Oberlin's one.
- The Tigers took 12 penalty corners, while allowing the Yeowomen to take just one open look.
- The Tigers return to action when they host the Big Red of Denison on Saturday, September 23 from Edwards-Maurer Field at 12:00 PM.