WILMINGTON, Ohio—Wittenberg baseball won their third game out of their last four against the Quakers of Wilmington on Wednesday afternoon. The Tigers disposed of the Quakers 9-2 on the road, as Brad Malott paced the Tigers with three hits in the game, and Brandon Beegle logged 6.2 innings on the bump for his first win of the season. The Tigers improve to 13-23 overall in 2017, with the NCAC Crossover series awaits the Tigers, as the red and white make the trip to Hiram this weekend.
- Wittenberg got on the board after a Josh Kaplan single to left-field plated Jace Barga.
- Dalton Boucher came around to score for the Tigers after Aaron Fasano drove the ball to lef-field for a sacrifice fly.
- Ryan Probst drew a walk with the bases loaded as a run scored in the form of Kaplan, giving the Tigers a 3-0 lead.
- The Tigers went up 4-0 after Patrick Kenny reached on a throwing error by the pitcher, allowing Malott to come around and score.
- Reaching on a throwing error was Probst, as Matt Baker, Fasano and Malott all came around to score as the Tigers took a 7-2 lead.
- Timmy Bates put the finishing touches on the Tigers day at the plate, as the junior doubled to center-field, plating Kenny and Probst.
- Wittenberg walked seven times at the dish on Wednesday, as Baker and Kenny each drew two free-passes.
- The Quakers committed six errors in the contest, while the Tigers recorded one error on defense.
- Wittenberg recorded 10 hits in the nine inning affair, while nine of those hits went for singles.
- Beegle picked up the slack for the Tigers on the mound, logging a career high 6.2 innings, scattering four hits and a strikeout.