CRAWFORDSVILLE, Indiana—Wittenberg baseball traveled to Wabash College for a four-game set against the Little Giants over the weekend. Wittenberg pulled out a 2-1 victory in game three, but dropped game one 13-1, game two 3-2 and the final game of the series 10-2. Wittenberg falls to 9-17 overall and 4-8 in NCAC Play.
- Wittenberg's 2-1 victory came behind six strong innings on the bump from Noble Moore, as the sophomore scattered seven hits in strong performance.
- Fellow Sophomore Brandon Beegle recorded the untraditional three-innings save for the Tigers, surrendering two hits in hits nine outs of work.
- The Tiges were outhit in the win 9-6, but played small-ball to push across two runs and drop the Little Giants.
- At the plate, Timmy Bates recorded five hits in the four game series for Wittenberg, as Josh Kaplan followed suit and did the same.
- Wittenberg's ERA in the conference climbed to 7.69 against the hot-hitting Little Giants, while the Tigers are currently hitting .269 at the plate in NCAC play.
- Freshman backstop Patrick Kenny currently leads the Tigers with a .375 batting average, as the Colorado native has also proved to be versatile in the field for the Tigers.
- Wittenberg returns to action against the Crusaders of Capital at Carleton Davidson Stadium on Tuesday at 6:00PM.